WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR INDUSTRIAL RESURFACING SOLUTION AND EPOXY PAINTS SOLD IN STORES?
- Our industrial resurfacing solution consists of two components and is made from 100% solid matter (polymer and catalyst) unlike epoxy paints that are composed of a solid and a solvent.
- Our industrial resurfacing solution requires adequate preparation of the surface before the application and is thicker than paint. It is therefore much more resilient.
- Industrial resurfacing products are not sold at retail.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EPOXY RESURFACING AND POLYASPARTIC RESURFACING? WHICH IS BEST FOR MY CONCRETE FLOOR?
- Water-based epoxy creates a permeable surface that allows humidity to pass through it, and is therefore the ideal solution for damp concrete. It provides excellent adhesion to concrete and is primarily designed for large industrial flooring.
- On the other hand, polyaspartic resurfacing is ideal for residential garages as it is more flexible and dries very quickly. It also better withstands ultraviolet radiation (no yellowing or discolouration).
HOW MUCH TIME DOES AN INSTALLATION TAKE WITH EPOXY OR POLYASPARTIC RESURFACING?
- Polyaspartic resurfacing usually takes a day, while epoxy is applied in one coat per day.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO APPLY YOUR INDUSTRIAL RESURFACING PRODUCTS TO AN EXTERIOR SURFACE?
- Yes, however the preparation and application are not carried out using the same procedure.
YOUR INDUSTRIAL RESURFACING SOLUTION COSTS ABOUT THE SAME AS INSTALLING TILES. WHY IS IT THE BEST OPTON FOR MY CONCRETE FLOOR?
- Tiles are often chosen for esthetic reasons, but are not designed to be used for a garage floor. They are slippery, break on impact and if you park your car in your garage, the calcium will quickly eat away at the grout.
- Our industrial resurfacing solution is specifically designed to withstand chemical products, abrasion, gasoline, antifreeze, oil, salt, humidity, and stripping caused by overheated tires.
MY CONCRETE FLOOR IS IN BAD CONDITION. IT HAS A LOT OF HOLES AND CRACKS. DO I NEED TO POUR A LAYER OF CONCRETE ON TOP OF IT FIRST, OR CAN YOUR PRODUCT BE APPLIED EVEN THOUGH IT IS SO WORN OUT?
- It is best not to pour a new layer of concrete on top of an old, damaged concrete floor because any friction might create a gap between the two layers of concrete. The best solution is to mix silica sand into the primer coat to fill in the cracks and larger holes. It provides better adhesion, is more resilient and less expensive.
MY CONCRETE FLOOR HAS RECENTLY BEEN POURED. DO I HAVE TO WAIT BEFORE INSTALLING YOUR INDUSTRIAL FLOORING? IF SO, HOW COME?
- Yes. A minimum wait of 30 days is required post-installation to make sure that the water has completely evaporated from the concrete. If the floor is resurfaced before this waiting period is over, there could be an increase in humidity that might cause parts of the resurfaced floor to flake off.
CAN THE HEAT FROM MY TIRES MELT THE RESURFACED FLOOR?
- No. Floors resurfaced with epoxy or polyaspartic are designed to withstand this type of wear, year after year. This is not the case with epoxy paints that cannot withstand this type of daily wear.
ARE THE PRODUCTS YOU USE TOXIC? CAN WE STAY HOME DURING THE INSTALLATION?
- Our industrial resurfacing products are 100% solid, so there is absolutely no danger, since no solvent is present.
- Products sold in stores like epoxy paints, dyes and coatings are composed of about 45% solid matter and 55% solvent. A solvent is a substance that evaporates into the air and emits volatile organic compounds that cause adverse health and environmental effects.
IF, IN A FEW YEARS, I REALIZE THAT MY RESURFACED FLOOR HAS DETERIORATED, WHAT SHOULD I DO? DOES THE ENTIRE PROCESS HAVE TO BE REDONE, OR IS IT POSSIBLE TO SIMPLY APPLY AN ADDITIONAL PROTECTIVE CLEAR COAT?
- First of all, in order to preserve your industrial flooring for as long as possible, it is important to carry out some minimal maintenance. We recommend washing thoroughly four or five times per year with a Hertel all-purpose biodegradable product (green bottle).
- If needed, after five years (when your guarantee runs out) you can call our professionals to apply a new protective clear coat (the top coat). This way, your floor will be hermetically sealed for at least another five years. What’s more, when this extra coat is applied, your guarantee will be automatically renewed for another five years, still unconditionally.