Epoxy is one of the products used by Surfacex to create a solid, durable and esthetically pleasing coating for concrete floors.
This material has become increasingly popular as a low-maintenance floor covering for commercial and industrial applications.
Polyepoxide, more commonly called epoxy, is a chemical compound that has been around since the 1940s. This compound is most frequently used in construction as a glue or paint. When exposed to heat or a catalyst, the epoxy resin hardens irreversibly. As a result, it is used to coat surfaces to make a long-lasting floor covering with a great look.
WHY CHOOSE AN EPOXY FLOOR?
- Extremely durable
- Resistant to water, oil, gas and many other chemical products
- Stands up to heavy traffic as well as commercial and industrial use
- Long lasting, waterproof and seamless
- Certified by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Solvent-free, so no strong odour
- Has a glossy, attractive finish
For Surfacex, the choice is obvious: Epoxy forms a strong bond to concrete, is resistant to corrosive chemicals, easy to clean and dust free, making it ideal for large surfaces in industrial and commercial spaces, as well as many other uses.
Now you know the facts about epoxy, and, more importantly, you know why it makes for unique, high-quality and affordable flooring.
For a free estimate or further information, please contact our Surfacex team.